Tuesday, December 26, 2023

December 26, 2023 - The Final Post

Hi everyone,

We (Val’s family) wanted to post an update, per Val’s final wishes. She had hoped to have a final post written up, but was unable to do so... It is with heavy hearts that we have to tell you that God has called her to heaven.

The last couple weeks, as she had mentioned in her prior blog, were full of difficult conversations. She did get to spend the rest of her days doing some of her favorite things, such as watching football / hockey games and spending time in the comfort of her home with those she holds dear. We know she appreciated, cared, and loved those in her life, both near and far.

Val with her nephew Lucca

Val was an amazing, inspirational, and selfless person. Many of you were fortunate enough to experience that firsthand. She made her mark on this world, that is for sure.

We want to thank all of you for the continued prayers, support, and love you have shown Val, as well as all of us, throughout the last ten years of this inspirational, though heartbreaking, journey that she was on.

She began this blog in hopes to help others with her transparency throughout her battle with cancer, and we believe that was accomplished.

Now a message to you, Val - We’re happy you are no longer suffering and finally at peace. 

Your kids and pups will always be taken care of, we promise you that.


Thank you for inspiring us and showing us how to put things into perspective as we navigate our own lives. You showed us what really matters and to not take things for granted. You taught us how to persevere with grace and optimism when things are tough.

You were an Angel among us... Now you have your wings.  
We love you and we will miss you, always and forever.
🀍🀍🀍

5 comments:

  1. Val, I‘m glad you are no longer suffering and that you were able to spend your final moments surrounded by loved ones.
    Thank you for showing me kindness in high school when I was going through a tough time. We hadn’t spoken before, but you made sure to ask me if I was okay and how I was doing. I’ve always remembered that. Years later you helped me to create a better mindset through your blog and messaging back and forth, while I struggled with health issues. You have touched more people than you know and will remain in the hearts of many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, your courage and fight was like no other . The love for your children was awe inspiring . I will cherish our friendship and the many amazing conversations and you will be missed dearly ❤️
    Rest in peace Beautiful friend πŸ•Š️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, you were such a beautiful soul. You fought so hard for so long…it is comforting, in a way, to know that you’re now at peace with Our Creator. Thank you for inspiring all of us whose lives you touched, however distantly; you will be greatly missed. Love to you & your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, you were the most amazing, caring and thoughtful person I have ever had the pleasure to meet and spend time with. I will forever cherish our adventures and memories together and I feel blessed to have met you and your amazing loving family. I’m glad you’re not in pain anymore. You gave that cancer one hell of a fight. Rest easy Angel, I know we will meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just thinking about her ... I have no idea why ❣️ But I started following Val after my mom passed from Cancer . I loved her inspiration and posts very much . Brings me great sadness to see she has passed πŸ’” Lots of love to Vals family #mistypaytonb

    ReplyDelete